To remember the lessons of yesterday, while building upon the needs of today, so that we may continuously address the challenges of tomorrow.
To provide loyal and compassionate fire and rescue services utilizing highly trained professionals dedicated to the community we serve.
The City of Franklin, Division of Fire & EMS has more than 60 members who are highly trained and motivated to serve you. We provide fire and rescue services to all areas of the City of Franklin as well as to portions of unincorporated Franklin Township via a longstanding Automatic Mutual Aid (AMAR) service agreement. Most of our firefighters are also certified as Emergency Medical Technician's and Paramedics. This 'cross-training' method of delivering service adds a great deal of depth to our organization.
Crew Staffing Levels
- 9 Firefighters who are also Certified EMT & Paramedics
- Coverage Period:24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Engine 16: TeleSquirt, 2,000 Gallons Per Minute (GPM). Pumper. 500 gallons of on-board water.
- Engine 17: Compressed Air Foam System (CAFS). 2,000 GPM Pumper. 1,000 gallons of water.
- Engine 18: Rapid Intervention Crew (RIC). 2,000 GPM Pumper. 1,000 gallons of water.
- Ladder 16: 105' Aerial Ladder with 2,500 GPM Pump. 500 gallons of water.
- Rescue 16: Heavy Rescue. Mobile Breathing Air Compressor, Full Compliment of Extrication Tools (Jaws of Life)
- Brush 16: Skid Unit Pick-Up Truck to fight brush fires.
- Boat 16: Rigid Haul flat bottom boat/platform. Honda Outboard Motor.
- Boat 17: Inflatable Avon boat. Honda Outboard Motor.