Notice of Intent to Sell Municipal Personal Property by Internet Auction
City staff have determined that selling Surplus Property via internet auction is the most cost-effective and efficient means of disposing of said property, and have identified Liquidity Services Operations LLC (“LSO”), which operates the internet auction website “GovDeals.com” (“GovDeals”), as a legitimate internet auction service provider with which the City may contract to dispose of its Surplus Property. Liquidity Services Operations LLC has a registered agent address at Corporation Service Company, 3366 Riverside Drive, Suite 103, Upper Arlington, Ohio 43221.
The City will conduct internet auctions pursuant to R.C. 721.15(D). The City’s Surplus Property may be viewed on GovDeals.com or in person at the City Offices at 1 Benjamin Franklin Way, Franklin, Ohio 45005 during times outlined in the Terms and Conditions to be set for each item to be sold throughout this fiscal year (which Terms and Conditions shall be available for public view on GovDeals.com).
All Surplus Property will be offered for sale subject to the City’s Terms and Conditions.
- All Surplus Property is offered for sale “AS IS, WHERE IS, AND WITHOUT WARRANTY.” The City of Franklin, Ohio makes no warranty, guaranty or representations of any kind, either express or implied, as to the merchantability or fitness for any purpose of the property offered for sale. The “buyer” of any City property is not entitled to any payment for loss of profit or any other money damages – special, direct, indirect or consequential – against the City that in any way relates to the purchase and/or use of the property.
- All Surplus Property will be available for sale to the public on the GovDeals.com website for a minimum of ten (10) days, including Saturdays, Sundays and legal holidays as required in Section 721.15(D) of the Ohio Revised Code.
- If any Surplus Property offered for sale by internet auction is not sold within ten (10) days after being posted on the GovDeals.com website, the City may withdraw said property from the internet auction at any time.
- City property shall not be transferred to a successful bidder until such time as guaranteed payment has been received in full.
- The City Council of the City of Franklin, Ohio reserves the right to reject any bids and to withdraw from the sale of any items listed on GovDeals.com